Sound Out Cool Rides SetRRP - $95.25 Our Price - $89.70 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Sound Out Cool Rides SetRead about travelling on wheels, water, or in the air, for struggling readers to practice phonics & basic word-building skills.
Age Range: 7 to 14
Level: 1st Grade Readability
Traveling on wheels, on water, or in the air can be pretty cool. Find out what it takes to drive a race car, ride through the back country, restore an old car, get behind the wheel of a semi truck, or fly over the water.
- Everything goes fast at Formula One car races! The cars and the pit crew work at lightning speed. It's a risky sport. Drivers need top skills. Yet the first cars raced at a top speed of only 10-1/2 miles an hour. How did racing get so much faster from then to now? Sound Out Level 5
- Big trucks zip by every day on the highway. They travel at all hours. They pick up loads here and drop them off there. Yet truck drivers do far more than drive. They need to know how to fix problems on their trucks, too. And what's a fifth wheel, anyway? Sound Out Level 5
Trucks on the Job
- Did you ever think about how concrete mixers work? How about fire trucks? Trash trucks? Snow plows? Street sweepers? Each truck is made for just one type of job. It carries gear for that one job. And it does that job very well! Sound Out Level 5.
- Before cars were invented, people used horse-drawn carts. So early cars looked a lot like those carts. Then car makers worked to make cars sleeker, better, and faster. Many people now like their cars shiny and new. But fans of old cars love the early models the best! Sound Out Level 6.
- First there were bikes. Then there were motor bikes. But motor-bike builders didn't stop there. Now there are choppers, scooters, roadsters, and cruisers. There are sport bikes, trail bikes, and touring bikes. Each kind of bike is made for a different use. Which one would you ride? Sound Out Level 6.
- How would you travel without roads or trails? ATVs and UTVs are made for this. What if it snows? Then a snowmobile is a good choice. On the water? PWCs are just right. But what are all these things? And what if you want to take to the air? Sound Out Level 6.