Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the freight cost?
- Does Silvereye have a shop as we'd like to view titles before purchase?
- Does Silvereye send titles out 'on approval'?
- How can we pay for an order if we don't want to give credit card details over the internet?
- Is Silvereye open during school holidays?
- How long will it take to get my order?
- Do you have a hardcopy catalogue?
- Terms of Trade
Australian Freight Rates:
- $8.95 for orders up to 3kg
- $9.95 for orders up to 25kg or large/bulky items
Rest of Australia (all States and Territories)
- $9.95 for orders up to 3kg
- $12.95 for orders up to 5kg ($14.95 for rural areas)
- larger orders charged based on weight and destination
National, under 500g:
- $2.95 for DVD
- $3.95 for thin book (less than 2cm)
- $7.50 for thicker book/cards/etc.
There is an additional $2.50 registered post charge for orders over $200 delivered to a PO Box.
New Zealand Freight Rates:
- Based on weight.
- Orders are consolidated and shipped once per week.
- Most orders are delivered by courier
Silvereye does not have a shopfront, however, if you want to make an appointment to come and see us, please contact us and we would be happy to arrange a time with you. Ph: +61 (0)2 8090 5395.
If there are specific areas or titles you are interested in, please let us know, so that we can ensure you don't waste your time visiting us if titles are temporarily out of stock or at a conference, etc.
We attend many conferences during the year and are happy to arrange to meet and/or bring specific titles requested: so ask and its possible we will be near you before too long. Last, but not least, look closely on the website as we are putting more and more information on-line such as sample pages. If you can't see enough information for the titles you are interested in, please ask us and we will do our best to provide more information by email or mail.
We can send titles out on 14 day approval to account customers for regular stock items. We cannot send out on approval DVDs, non-stock items or items where we consider the risk of damage to be too high.
Where we do provide items on approval, if you decide to return them within the 14 day period, we must receive them in "as new" condition: you are responsible for packaging to ensure they reach us in this condition. Postage for items provided on approval must be paid by the customer both ways.
All transactions and personal data entered on our website are encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) security. We have also invested in Extended Validation (EV) Certification so that you can be sure that when you are transacting on our website, you are really are interacting with Silvereye Learning Resources. Most web browsers will display a padlock and possibly a green address bar when you go to Check Out your order.
However, if you do not wish to part with your details over the internet, feel free to send us an email with your contact details and we will call you, or you can contact us via phone +61 (0)2 8090 5395. Alternatively, you can send a cheque or money order, but you must include postage which means contacting us for correct P/H charges. Click here for our postal address.
Silvereye is open all year round except over the Christmas Holidays and on Public Holidays. This holiday season our office will be closed from 6th January and will open again on 21st January 2016. During holiday periods we will endeavour to respond to emails and messages but response will be slower than normal.
We can be contacted in our Business Hours Monday - Friday 9am-5pm on +61 (0)2 8090 5395 or by email using the enquiries page on this website.
If books are in stock, turnaround time is usually 7-10 days.
Backordered titles depend on whether the title(s) are being ordered in from overseas or from an Australian Publisher. We ship from US and UK publishers every few weeks, so there is usually only a short wait.
Backordered titles may also be under reprint or not yet published. Please be patient as it can take some time to be advised when titles will become available.
We no longer produce regular hardcopy catalogues - our range is too large and we are constantly updating it. Upon request we can send you hardcopy flyers with information on selected titles in any area you are interested in, eg. Social Skills, Aspergers, Auditory Processing, etc.
- We trade on a Firm Sale basis unless returns are expressly approved (at our discretion). Please choose your order carefully as returned goods will not be accepted without prior authorisation.
- If returns are made without authorisation, costs will still be charged to your account and no credit given.
- Postage and Handling costs on all orders are at the customer's expense and are in addition to all indicated prices on this website and in any flyers, price lists, catalogues or any other materials we may produce from time to time.
- All Backorders are subject to a Freight Charge unless waived at our absolute discretion.
- International Orders are subject to freight based on weight and destination.
- All prices on this website are in Australian doilars.
- NZ Orders will be quoted in NZ dollars on receipt of your order or when a quotation is requested. We do accept payment in NZ dollars. However, credit card payments are always processed in Australian dollars.
- Prices are subject to change at anytime. You are welcome to check current prices with Silvereye prior to placing an order.
- All Accounts are strictly 14 Days from date of invoice and are payable on the invoice. (No Statement will be issued)
- An Account Administration fee of 10% of invoice value will be charged for outstanding accounts over 30 days (from invoice date) and $2.20 for replacement copies of an invoice. Accounts that exceed ninety (90) days will be forwarded to a legal representative and all additional costs associated are to be borne by the customer.
- Pre-payment is required for personal and overseas orders.
- Credit card facilities are available for Visa and Master Card, for orders over $20.00. Payment by cheque is acceptable subject to clearance, and must be made out to Silvereye Learning Resources.
- We do not give credits in cheque/cash or credit on credit card. Credits are added to accounts for future purchases.
- We are able to order resources which are not in the catalogue but for overseas titles there is a waiting period of up to 8 weeks for delivery. These are classed as Special Orders and are also strictly Firm Sale.
Please Understand any credit given is a privilege not a right, not adhering to these terms of trade will result in a loss of credit and Pre-payment required for future orders.