Starving the Anxiety Gremlin: A Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook on Anxiety Management for Young People$32.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Starving the Anxiety GremlinThis engaging workbook uses fun activities and real life stories to help young people understand different types of anxiety and how to manage them.
Age Range: 10+
The Anxiety Gremlin loves one thing: to feed on your anxiety! But watch out, as the fuller he gets, the more anxious you get! How can you stop him? Starve him of his favourite food; your anxiety; and he'll shrink and shrivel away.
Starving the Anxiety Gremlin is a unique resource to help young people understand different types of anxiety and how to manage them, including panic attacks, phobias, social anxiety, generalised anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. Based on cognitive behavioural principles that link thoughts, feelings and behaviours, the techniques described help young people to understand why they get anxious and how they can 'starve' their anxiety gremlin in order to manage their anxiety.
This engaging workbook uses fun activities and real life stories, and can be used by young people aged 10+ on their own or with a parent or practitioner. It is also an ideal anxiety management resource for those working with young people, including mental health practitioners, social workers, education sector staff and youth workers.
Table of Contents
About the Author. Acknowledgements. Information for Parents and Practitioners. Introduction.
- What is Anxiety?
- You're Not on Your Own: Anxiety in Other Young People.
- My Anxiety - The Anxiety Questionnaire.
- Starving the Anxiety Gremlin: How Anxiety Occurs.
- Effects of Anxiety.
- Starving the Anxiety Gremlin: A Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Approach.
- Starving the Anxiety Gremlin: Managing Your Thoughts.
- Starving the Anxiety Gremlin: Managing Your Behaviours.
- Anxiety Do's and Don'ts.
- Summing Up! Appendices.