Banish Your Body Image Thief: A Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook on Building Positive Body Image for Young People$44.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Banish Your Body Image ThiefBased on CBT & mindfulness principles & techniques and packed with strategies that will help you to build a positive body image.
Age Range: 10 to 18
Build positive body image with this fun and effective workbook for young people.
Watch out - the Body Image Thief is about! He's the sneaky character who keeps stealing your positive body image from your Body Image Vault, leaving only negative thoughts and feelings about your body behind. But don't worry - you can banish him for good and this workbook will show you how!
Using a host of activities and real-life stories, this imaginative workbook will look at what body image means, how it develops, the impact it can have and how all this applies to your own body image. Based on cognitive behavioural and mindfulness principles and techniques, it is packed with strategies that will help you change how you think and act in order to build a positive body image, protect your Body Image Vault and banish your Body Image Thief for good!
Engaging, informative and easy to read, this unique workbook is suitable for young people aged 10+ to work through on their own or with the help of a parent or practitioner.
Table of Contents
About the Author.
- What is Body Image?
- Your Body Image.
- You're Not on Your Own.
- How a Negative Body Image Develops: Introducing the Body Image Vault and the Body Image Thief!
- How a negative Body Image Develops: Influences.
- How a Negative Body Image Develops: Thoughts.
- How a Negative Body Image Develops: Feelings.
- How a Negative Body Image Develops: Behaviours.
- Impacts of a Negative Body Image.
- Banishing Your Body Image Thief: An Introduction.
- Banishing Your Body Image Thief: Managing Your Thoughts and Beliefs.
- Banishing Your Body Image Thief: Managing Your Behaviours.
- Body Image Dos and Don'ts.
- Summing Up!
- The Body Image Quiz Answers.
- Information for Parents and Professionals.