Fun with Sounds: A versatile lotto and card game$90.99 Game
Add to cartQuestions?
- Fun with SoundsThis fun resource helps children with their speech development and encourages the production of specific speech sounds.
Age Range: 4+
A versatile lotto and card game to encourage production of specific speech sounds and to develop vocabulary.
Children learn to say speech sounds during the first 5 or 6 years of life. This fun resource helps children with their speech development and encourages the production of specific speech sounds.
There are boards for sounds at the beginning and end of words, with an additional set of cards included to enable games such as Pairs or Snap to be played. Each board features 9 illustrations with words underneath. The featured sound is highlighted in red.
- Features the sounds which are generally acquired earliest - 'm', 'n', 'p', 'b', 't', 'd'
- Encouraging each child to listen for a sound in a word
- Encouraging correct production of specific speech sounds in words containing their target sounds
- Increasing sound awareness, which is vital for literacy.
In addition to the above, they can also be used in other areas of language, such as improving turn taking skills and extending vocabulary.
The resource is intended for use by speech and language therapists, teaching staff and parents. It is also a useful tool for teaching English as a foreign language.
Contents: Cards + 6 lotto boards, boxed