Educating and Supporting Girls with Asperger's and Autism$73.99, Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
This resource is designed to support education and health professionals to better understand how autism (including Asperger's syndrome) can present in girls; explaining the various difficulties and disadvantages that girls on the autism spectrum can face in educational settings.
As well as providing background information and theory, the resource offers practical strategies for working with girls with autism spectrum conditions. The resource contains a broad range of worksheets and activities on key issues:
- preparing for school life
- wider school life
- preparing for employment
- preparing for further study
- Illustrated throughout with real-life quotes and case studies
- Guidance on best practice when working with girls with autism spectrum conditions.
- Activities and resources for young females on the autism spectrum to support them in developing self-awareness, coping strategies and learning skills
- Includes access to supporting online resources