A Practical Guide to Happiness in Children and Teens on the Autism Spectrum: A Positive Psychology Approach$39.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- A Practical Guide to Happiness in Children and Teens on the Autism SpectrumFull of simple strategies for happiness in children and teens with autism, this book is a must read
Full of simple strategies for happiness in children and teens with autism, this book is a must read for anyone dedicated to the wellbeing of a child on the spectrum.
Bringing a refreshingly positive approach to mental health and autism, the guide is full of practical ideas for helping children strengthen their self-worth, optimism and receptivity to happiness. It also reveals how children can build resilience and better understand their feelings, giving them the skills to flourish and thrive and to ward off negative thoughts. The activities are ideal for all learning levels and can be done individually or in groups, at home or in the classroom.
Talking about mental health in autism is all too often reduced to ways of 'curing illness' - this book helps to prevent poor mental health by making happiness a priority and an attainable goal.
Table of Contents
- If you only have five minutes...
- Understanding the autism spectrum.
- Understanding positive psychology.
- Recognising, identifying and using character strengths.
- Cultivating positive emotions.
- Positive coping.
- Meaning and Purpose.
Further Resources / Reading.
Appendix A: Strengths Cards.
Appendix B: Happiness Survey.
Appendix C: Optimistic Planning Sheet.
Appendix D: Dealing with setbacks.
Appendix E: Overcoming anxieties.
Appendix F: Values List. Index of activities.