The Anxiety Survival Guide for Teens: CBT Skills To Overcome Fear, Worry, And Panic$33.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- The Anxiety Survival Guide for TeensThis book will teach you practical strategies for handling even the toughest situations that cause anxiety or worry.
Age Range: 13 to 19
Do you have problems with anxiety? The Anxiety Survival Guide for Teens is a much-needed, go-to guide to help you finally break free from the worry and ruminations that can get in the way of reaching your goals.
If you have anxiety, your fears and worries can keep you from feeling confident and independent. Teen milestones such as making friends, dating, getting good grades, or taking on more mature responsibilities, may seem much more difficult. And if you're like countless other anxious teens, you may even avoid situations that cause you anxiety altogether—leaving you stuck in a cycle of worry and avoidance. So, how can you take control of your anxiety before it takes control of you?
Based in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), this book helps you identify your "monkey mind"—the primitive part of the brain where anxious thoughts arise. You’ll also be able to determine if you suffer from generalised anxiety, phobias, social anxiety, panic and agoraphobia, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), or separation anxiety. Full of powerful yet simple cartoon illustrations, this book will teach you practical strategies for handling even the toughest situations that previously caused you to feel anxious or worried.
If you’re ready to feel more independent, more confident, and be your best, this unique book will show you how.
"We know how to win over fearful worry. The skills take effort, but they are surprisingly simple. Now Jennifer Shannon places these tools directly into your hands. If you will act on her clever guidance, you can do more than survive, you can thrive."
- Reid Wilson, PhD, coauthor of Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents and Playing with Anxiety: Casey’s Guide for Teens and Kids
"With clarity and fun, The Anxiety and Survival Guide for Teens offers effective cognitive behavioral strategies for teens to overcome their fear, worry, and panic. This book will not only help teens survive their anxiety, but will guide them out of the fear and worry that limits their lives. I highly recommend it."
- Michael A. Tompkins, PhD, author of My Anxious Mind: A Teen’s Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic and codirector of the San Francisco Bay Area Center for Cognitive Therapy
"This is a terrific book for teens, explaining all the best that cognitive behavioral therapy, ACT, and mindfulness have to offer in terms that are engaging, fun, and easy to understand. Teens can easily recognize themselves in this book and become empowered to overcome their anxiety."
- Karen Lynn Cassiday, PhD, managing director at The Anxiety Treatment Center of Greater Chicago and clinical assistant professor at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
"The Anxiety Survival Guide for Teens by Jennifer Shannon is a clear, concise, helpful guide with all the key tools to help you overcome your anxiety. Why suffer another day from anxiety when you can use these tools right now? Each chapter gives you powerful and easy-to-understand self-help tools to overcome the many difficulties that teens will face. I will recommend this to my colleagues and clients."
- Robert L. Leahy, PhD, director of the American Institute for Cognitive Therapy in New York, NY, and author of The Worry Cure: Seven Steps to Stop Worry from Stopping You