Relationship Building and Sexual Awareness for Kids with Autism: S.T.A.R.S 2$46.20 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Relationship Building and Sexual Awareness for Kids with AutismFocuses on 4 areas with the goals of promoting positive sexuality & preventing sexual abuse
Age Range: 10 to 18
Educate young adults and build their self-esteem so they can make informed choices!
Specially designed for teaching adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities. The STARS 2 model focuses on four areas with the goals of promoting positive sexuality and preventing sexual abuse:
- Understanding Relationships
- Social Skills Training
- Sexual Awareness
Assessment tools help identify the strengths and needs of each individual, and then the activities can be catered to address specific needs.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Introduction
- How to Use This Book
- Why Sexuality Education?
- Misbeliefs and Facts about Sexuality and Youth with Developmental Disabilities
Section 2: STARS 2 Model
- Content Areas and Goals
- Assessing the Needs of the Child, or “Figuring Out What to Teach”
- Guidelines for Parents and Support Providers
- Guidelines for Training
Section 3: Understanding Relationships
Section 4: Social Interaction