Processing Auditory Directions$62.95 Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
- Processing Auditory DirectionsUse the activities in this book to build listening skills and basic concepts as children process auditory directions.
Age Range: 5 to 10
Use the activities in this book to build listening skills and basic concepts as children process auditory directions. The book emphasises directions relevant to completing worksheets and various tasks within the classroom. Basic concepts relating to size, location, shape, and time are emphasised. Activities targeting multi-step directions are included.
All of the worksheets in Part 1 of the book contain pictures. Each lesson includes two sets of instructions. The two instruction sets can be presented in any order.
Reproducible "manipulatives" (e.g., animal cut-outs) are used with some of the activities. Students are asked to place these pictures in various positions on incomplete picture scenes.
The book also includes activities relating to letters, words, and sentences. The activities include the types of instructions that children often experience when completing worksheet assignments within the classroom reading curriculum, e.g.:
- Find the first word in the sentence
- Draw a line around the ball that is near the table.
- Underline the last letter in the word
- Cross out all words that have three letters.
- Connect the words that go together.
Suggested strategies are included for working with students who have communication disorders. The activities are designed primarily for students with language learning disabilities and can also be helpful in programs for second language learners.
All of the worksheets may be reproduced.