Kids in the Syndrome Mix of ADHD, LD, Autism Spectrum, Tourette's, Anxiety and More!, 2ed: The one stop guide for parents, teachers and other professionals. Fully Updated for DSM-5$43.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Kids in the Syndrome Mix of ADHD, LD, Autism Spectrum, Tourette's, Anxiety and More!, 2edFully updated with DSM-5 diagnostic categories. Invaluable advice on dealing with children with special needs.
The completely updated and expanded new edition of this well-established text incorporates DSM-5 changes as well as other new developments. The all-in-one guide covers the whole range of often co-existing neurobehavioral disorders in children from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obsessive-compulsive disorder, and anxiety, to autism spectrum disorders, non-verbal learning disabilities, Tourette's, sensory integration problems, and executive dysfunction.
A completely revised chapter on the autism spectrum by Tony Attwood explains not only new understanding in the field, but the new diagnostic criteria, and the anticipated usage of the term 'Asperger's Syndrome'. Dr. Kutscher provides accessible information on causes, symptoms, interactions with other conditions, and treatments. He presents effective behavioural strategies for responding to children who display traits of these disorders whether at home, at school, or in other settings along with case vignettes and practical tips. Finally, a chapter on the role of medications summarises current knowledge.
The author's sympathetic yet upbeat approach and skilful explanations of the inner world of children in the syndrome mix make this an invaluable companion for parents, teachers, professionals, and anyone else who needs fast and to-the-point advice on children with special needs.
Table of Contents
- Read this Chapter! General Principles of Diagnosis.
- Read this Chapter! General Principles of Treatment.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Learning Disorders and Differences. Robert R. Wolff and Martin L. Kutscher.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: An Overview.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level I (Asperger's Syndrome) and Its Treatment. Tony Attwood.
- Anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders.
- Sensory Integration Dysfunction. Martin L. Kutscher with Joelle Glick.
- Tics and Tourette's.
- Bipolar Disorder.
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder.
- Central Auditory Processing Disorders.
- Behavioral Checklist.
- Quick Quiz on Executive Function.
- Dealing with Insomnia: Sleep Hygiene.
- Further Reading: Books and Internet Resources.
About the Authors.