Helping Children Who Yearn for Someone They Love : A Guidebook$48.99 Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
- Helping Children Who Yearn for Someone They Love A guidebook to help children who are missing someone too much or suffer from separation anxiety, are obsessed with their absent parent, yearn for a parent who has died or because they are in foster care.
Age Range: 4 to 12
The titles in this extraordinary series are a vital resource. Nine practical guidebooks, each with an accompanying beautifully illustrated storybook, have been written to help children (aged 4-12) think about and connect with their feelings.
These guides and stories enable teachers, parents and professionals to recognise the unresolved feelings behind a child's behaviour and to respond correctly to help.
Each guidebook focuses on a key feeling and is written in very user-friendly language. The exercises, tasks and ideas for things to say and do are specifically designed to help children think about, express and process the feeling to the point of resolution.
Helping Children who Yearn for Someone They Love is a guidebook to help children who:
- are missing someone too much or suffer from separation anxiety
- are obsessed with their absent parent
- yearn for a parent who: has died; seems unreachable, although she is right there; or is loving one minute and indifferent, cold or abusive
- yearn because they have been taken into care, fostered or adopted