Helping Children who are Anxious or Obsessional: A Guidebook$44.99 Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
Age Range: 4 to 12
The titles in this extraordinary series are a vital resource. Nine practical guidebooks, each with an accompanying beautifully illustrated storybook, have been written to help children (aged 4-12) think about and connect with their feelings.
These guides and stories enable teachers, parents and professionals to recognise the unresolved feelings behind a child's behaviour and to respond correctly to help.
Each guidebook focuses on a key feeling and is written in very user-friendly language. The exercises, tasks and ideas for things to say and do are specifically designed to help children think about, express and process the feeling to the point of resolution.
Helping Children who are Anxious or Obsessional is a guidebook to help children who:
- Are insecure or worry too much
- Suffer from phobias or nightmares
- Find it difficult to concentrate to let go and have fun
- Have suffered a trauma
- Are worryingly good or seem like little adults
- Use order and routine as a way of coping with 'messy' feelings
- Retreat into dullness as a way of managing their being in the world
- Develop obsessive-compulsive behaviour in order to ward off their too-powerful feelings.