Zach Makes MistakesRRP - $23.95 Our Price - $21.95 Hardback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Zach Makes MistakesFor Zach, a class trip to the museum is about more than cool exhibits it's about learning from mistakes and dealing with embarrassment.
Age Range: 5 to 8
Level: 3rd Grade Readability
For Zach, a class field trip to the museum is about more than cool exhibits it s about learning from mistakes and dealing with embarrassment. First he forgets to wear his field trip shirt, then he forgets the rule about not touching displays. His teacher helps him see that everyone makes mistakes and how to use them to grow. Using an easy-to- remember tool, the Key to Mistakes, she shows Zach and readers a simple three-step process:
- Detect (find the reason for the mistake)
- Correct (fix the mistake if you can),
- Reflect (think back about your mistake to find what you can learn from it).
Back matter includes a short note to help teachers, parents, counsellors, and other adults reinforce the books messages and practice the skills with their kids.
Zach Rules Series
Zach struggles with social issues like getting along, handling frustrations, making mistakes, and other everyday problems typical of young kids. Each book in the Zach Rules series presents a single, simple story line involving one such problem. As each story develops, Zach and readers learn straightforward tools for coping with their struggles and building stronger relationships now and in the future.
"Finally, a book that gives people a creative yet concrete strategy for learning from mistakes. Readers of all ages will get something out of this story!"
- Julia Cook, M.S., international award-winning children s author and parenting expert
"I read this aloud with my kids and we laughed at the various pickles Zach finds himself in. I love how this book provides a step-by-step process for dealing with the frustration of making mistakes. As a master of making mistakes, I am going to use it myself!"
- Mark Pett, author and illustrator of The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes