Tricky Teens: How to create a great relationship with your teen without going crazy!$24.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Tricky TeensProvides parents with a step-by-step guide to understanding what is really going on in the minds of their teenagers.
Tricky Teens: How to create a great relationship with your teen without going crazy! provides parents with a step-by-step guide to understanding what is really going on in the minds of their teenagers – and why; handling common conflict situations faced by every family with a teenager and successfully navigating common difficulties; creating a relatively peaceful happy family environment; and raising your teens so that they can successfully leave home, get a job and become wonderful adults.
Tricky Teens is Andrew Fuller’s follow up to the acclaimed and hugely successful Tricky Kids. A clinical psychologist, Andrew Fuller has spent years helping parents understand and assist their tricky teens to safely navigate adolescence. He says that the key to understanding teenagers is to realise that their behaviour is caused by two things: the routines and habits that are ingrained in their lives and their families' lives; and the neurochemicals and hormones washing around in the massive soup bowl called their brains. Learning how to parent in ways that manage the heady heights and deep troughs of moods and acts caused by these neurochemicals is life saving and sanity preserving.
Tricky Teens is divided into four sections:
- Neurochemistry and Habit: What really causes tricky teen behaviours
- Overcoming Common Problems: helping teens successfully navigate common problems such as anxiety, arguments, computer addiction, the opposite sex, reclusive teenagers, sibling conflict, suicide prevention, zombies and zits. Teenage boys and girls worry about different things, a fact dealt with in ‘Girl Smarts’ and ‘Boy Smarts’.
- Changing patterns: A six–week program for re-establishing communications with your teenager
- Essential Conversations: Essential talks to have with your teenager including:
- How to be an adult.
- How to develop a good reputation and keep it.
- Honesty: why it is important.
- Developing empathy and compassion.
Click on the AuthorTalk button to hear Andrew Fuller discussing Tricky Teens on ABC's Life Matters.