Quick Guide to Behaviour Management$49.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
Even the best and most experienced teachers can struggle with classroom control and it is likely your experiences will vary day-to-day. Bestselling author of Learning Theories Simplified, Bob Bates, together with former head teachers Andy Bailey and Derek Lever, offer one-stop support for all teachers in A Quick Guide to Behaviour Management.
Whether you are working with children, young people or adults it will help you:
- understand why challenging behaviour occurs
- learn how to be a great teacher in the face of challenging behaviour
- recognise a range of personalities you may encounter in the classroom and the strategies for dealing with them
Blending learning theories with real-life case studies, it fosters a deeper understanding of what causes challenging behaviour and equips you with all you need to know to handle it!
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction
- 1 What is challenging behaviour?
- 2 Why does it happen?
- 3 Who's to blame?
- 4 The myths of behaviour management
Part 2: Being a great teacher
- 1 Know your rights as a teacher
- 2 Know your own default position
- 3 Know how to plan your classroom effecitvely and control space
- 4 Know how to create a first and lasting impression on your learners
- 5 Know what approaches you need to work on to deal wityh conflict in the class
- 6 Know who you can turn to for help
- 7 Know how to deal with learners with special educational needs or disabilities
- 8 Know how to deal with victims of abuse
- 9 Know how to deal with perpetrators and victims of radicalisation
Part 3: Dealing with challenging individuals
- 1 Making everyone feel safe and confident
- 2 Dealing with Low Level Disruptors
- 3 Getting the best out of challenging individuals
A true story