Move, Play, and Learn with Smart Steps: Sequenced Activities to Build the Body and the Brain (Birth to Age 7)RRP - $68.95 Our Price - $59.95 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Move, Play, and Learn with Smart StepsFoster learning with movement - step-by-step activities for babies, toddlers, preschoolers & primary-age kids.
Build the body-brain connection with step-by-step activities that help children develop physical, cognitive, social, and emotional foundations for early learning and school readiness.
Early childhood educators will find clear information on creating the move-to learn environment, managing safety, and optimising the connections between language development, movement, and readiness for formal learning. An observational tool lets teachers pinpoint children's specific developmental stages and assess progress. The easy-to-follow, full-colour format includes diagrams and photos along with teaching tips to advance and automate children's foundational physical capabilities while providing incremental challenge.
Grounded in best practices and current research, "Move, Play, and Learn with Smart Steps" is both a hands-on resource for any classroom teacher, care provider, or parent and an ideal tool for coaches, mentors, and professional development trainers.
- Easy-to-use format allows teachers to tailor every activity to meet children’s developmental level
- Includes “Movement Can-Do Guide,” an observational assessment tool
- Engaging full-colour format with photos and 900 hands-on activities
- Use the book on its own or as a companion to A Moving Child Is a Learning Child
- Digital content includes customisable forms from the book.