Language Kit for Primary Schools: Talking TogetherRRP - $75.99 Our Price - $73.99 Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
The Language Kit for Primary Schools is a comprehensive toolkit for teachers, special education teachers, and teaching assistants who deliver group interventions in order to support language and communication in schools.
Key features of the kit include:
- suggested strategies with clear guidelines to help practitioners to support spoken language difficulties
- detailed instructions describing how to run and deliver language groups to maximise effectiveness
- two intervention programmes including session plans, structured activities and photocopiable handouts, ensuring that everything necessary to run the group is in one place. Programmes are:
- a ten week programme for use with Key Stage 1 pupils. This may also be used with Foundation Stage children
- a ten week programme for use with Key Stage 2 pupils. This may also be used with Key Stage 3 students;
- suggestions for simplifying or extending every activity, enabling the practitioner to differentiate and meet the needs of everyone in the group
- an additional resource bank and activity ideas to allow further development of language groups.
Written in a clear and concise style by a Speech and Language Therapist and a Specialist teacher of Speech, Language and Communication, this resource will allow practitioners to give pupils the best possible language support.
Table of Contents
How to run and deliver language groups
Key Stage 1: Language group sessions
Key Stage 2: Language group sessions
Visual timetable pictures
Language Resource Bank
Glossary and description of terms used in this guide