Language Development - Pearson New International Edition 8th Ed: An Introduction$123.95,
Add to cartQuestions?
A thorough and readable introductory text on language development, this book covers all aspects of the complex subject including syntax, morphology, semantics, phonology, and pragmatics while explaining each idea and concept in a way that is easily understandable by even beginning students of the field. Rich in pedagogical aids like discussion questions, chapter objectives, reflections, and main point boxed features, the eighth edition of Language Development also emphasises culturally and linguistically diverse children and bilingual and dialectical developmental information.
New to this edition:
- Revised and streamlined content shortens the text by two chapters without losing any main ideas, vital information, or important concepts.
- Updated information and research throughout the text makes certain that students are learning the most current information about language development.
- A completely revised chapter on language development theories (Chapter 2) allows students to learn key concepts with a traditional approach.
- Bilingual and dialectal development information distributed throughout the text helps students to recognise their growing importance in the United States.
- Expanded appendices improves the readability of the body of the text while preserving the detailed background information included in the book.
- Added emphasis on the constructionist perspective of language development teaches students about this fascinating and appealing viewpoint without completely relying on the theoretical framework.