Executive Function in Education, 2ed: From Theory to Practice$76.00 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Executive Function in Education, 2edGroundbreaking book has given thousands of educators & clinicians a deeper understanding of executive function processes
Age Range: 5 to 18
This groundbreaking volume, now revised and updated, has given thousands of educators and clinicians a deeper understanding of executive function (EF) processes in typically developing children and those with learning difficulties and developmental disabilities. The book elucidates how PreK–12 students develop such key capacities as goal setting, organisation, cognitive flexibility, working memory, and self-monitoring. Leading experts in education, neuroscience, and psychology explore the links between EF and academic performance and present practical applications for assessment and instruction. Exemplary practices for supporting students with EF difficulties in particular content areas; reading, writing, and maths; are reviewed.
New to This Edition
- Expanded coverage of reading; chapters on recent fMRI research findings; working memory and reading; and self-regulation and reading comprehension.
- Chapter on early childhood.
- Chapter on embedding EF strategies in the curriculum
- Updated throughout with a decade's worth of significant advances in research, theory, and educational best practices.
See also Meltzer's authored book Promoting Executive Function in the Classroom, which provides easy-to-implement assessment tools, teaching techniques and activities, and planning aids.