Can I Tell You About OCD?: A Guide for Friends, Family and Professionals$23.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Can I Tell You About OCD?Learn about OCD from a teenager's perspective: what it is, how obsessions & compulsions affect daily life, and how people can help.
Meet Katie - a teenager with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Katie invites readers to learn about OCD from her perspective, helping them to understand what it is, how her obsessions and compulsions affect her daily life, and how people around her can help.
With illustrations throughout, this will be an ideal introduction to OCD for both young people and older readers. It shows family, friends and teachers how they can support someone with the condition and will be an excellent way to start a conversation about OCD, in the classroom or at home.
Table of Contents
Foreword by Isobel Heyman.
- Introducing Katie, who has OCD.
- How I was diagnosed.
- Why have I got OCD?.
- How OCD affects school.
- How OCD affects home.
- How OCD affects friendships.
- Treatments for OCD…..Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
11.Treatments for OCD…..Medication.
12. How family and friends can help.
13. How I can be helped at school.
Recommended reading, websites and organisations.
Common obsessions and compulsions.
Other disorders related to OCD.