RTI for Reading at the Secondary Level: Recommended Literacy Practices and Remaining Questions$89.00 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- RTI for Reading at the Secondary LevelDescribes RTI procedures specifically tailored to the needs of struggling adolescent learners and that take into account the challenges and logistics of secondary-level implementation.
Grounded in the best current knowledge, this book shows how to implement response to intervention (RTI) in middle and high school contexts. Detailed guidelines are presented for teaching reading comprehension, vocabulary, and other aspects of literacy across the content areas, and for providing effective interventions for students who require additional support. The authors describe RTI procedures that are specifically tailored to the needs of struggling adolescent learners and that take into account the challenges and logistics of secondary-level implementation.
Includes 26 reproducible tools for planning, assessment, progress monitoring, and multi-tiered instruction are featured; the large-size format facilitates photocopying.
Table of Contents
Prologue: Response to Intervention with Secondary Students: Why the Issues Are Different Than with Elementary Students, Sharon Vaughn and Jack M. Fletcher
- RTI in Reading: An Overview
- Step 1: Implementing Effective Tier 1 Instruction
- Step 2: Establishing Interventions in Reading
- Step 3: Guidelines for Tiers 2 and 3
- Step 4: Refining Implementation of RTI
Appendix A. Sample Middle School Schedules: Grades 6–8
Appendix B. Sample Junior High Schedules: Grades 7–8
Appendix C. Sample High School Schedule
Appendix D. Examples of Vocabulary and Comprehension Strategies for Content-Area Instruction
Appendix E. Examples of Reading Intervention Strategies
Appendix F. Resources for Implementing RTI at the Secondary Level