RAVE-O Toolkit: Proven Literacy InterventionRRP - $1900.00 Our Price - $1495.00 Kit
Add to cartQuestions?
- RAVE-O ToolkitInnovative, intensive, multi-sensory, small group reading intervention for serious reading challenges, particularly fluency & comprehension.
Age Range: 6 to 11
RAVE-O (Reading through Automaticity, Vocabulary, Engagement, and Orthography) is an innovative, intensive, multi- sensory, small group reading intervention that targets serious reading challenges, particularly in the areas of fluency and comprehension. Its unique, cutting-edge approach balances science and motivation to accelerate learning, closes and prevents the achievement gap, and promotes fluency, comprehension, and deep reading.
Key features of RAVE-O:
- Teaches Every Aspect of a Word. Connects every aspect of a wordsounds, word parts, multiple meanings, grammar, spelling patterns.
- Builds Fluency & Comprehension. Student learn comprehension strategies and develop their own unique thoughts about what they read
- 10 Years of Proven Success. Gold-standard research proves that RAVE-O significantly improves fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
- Includes Interactive, Multi-sensory Activities. Built to capture the interest of young learners while implementing research-based instruction.
The RAVE-O Toolkit includes everything needed for full implementation. The materials support hands-on, engaging instruction that keeps students focused on their learning and explicit materials that save teachers time and support fidelity.
Intervention Grades 2-5
Table of Contents
- 1 Teacher Resource Guide
- 1 Teacher Guide, Volume 1
- 1 Teacher Guide, Volume 2
- 6 WordWork Books, Volume 1
- 6 WordWork Books, Volume 2
- 6 Minute Story Anthologies, Volume 1
- 6 Minute Story Anthologies, Volume 2
- 1 Word Web Poster
- 1 RAVE-O Town Poster
- 1 Set of Image Cards
- 1 Set of Eye-Spy Word Cards
- 1 16 Poster Set
- 6 Sand Timers
- 1 Set of Dice
- 6 Magnifying Glasses
- 6 Sound Sliders
- 1 Set of Word Wall Cards
- 1 Set of Core Word Cards
- Spelling Pattern Cards: Starter Cards, Rime Pattern Cards, Double Trouble Cards, Ender Bender Cards, Magic-e Cards
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There are currently no authorised RAVE-O training courses in Australia. A professional training organisation in the USA is now offering RAVE-O training through a mix of self-guided coursework (6 hours) and a live (online) full-day workshop: https://craftingminds.teachable.com/p/raveo.
The RAVE-O course is designed for educators who support struggling readers and those with dyslexia including, reading specialists, classroom teachers, special educators, and speech and language pathologists.
NB. Silvereye has no connection to the training provider and the provision of the above details does not constitute an endorsement of the course.
"RAVE-O provides instruction and practice on the skills and strategies that build fluency in word decoding skills, sight-word reading skills, and reading comprehension. An experimental study suggests positive short-term as well as long-term effects of RAVE-O on several important reading skills."
- Florida Center for Reading Research read the full review
"With RAVE-O, our students experienced a marked improvement in their abilities to decode and read fluently. In addition, students love the RAVE-O language, which helps them understand and remember key concepts"
- Ruth Schreier, Teacher, Shady Hills School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
"RAVE-O is one of the most important innovations in the teaching of reading I have seen in my career. In a fun, organized way, students gain mastery over the way that language works and how they can use this knowledge to help themselves read more fluently and understand at a deeper level. RAVE-O teaches connections that no other program makes explicit and provides the instruction that jump-starts student progress."
- Mary Antón-Oldenburg, Principal, Lexington, Massachusetts
"RAVE-O is a comprehensive, effective and easy to use program for struggling readers. The focus on multiple meanings immediately engages students in a way not experienced by many weak readers—it "lights a fire." I could see that my students suddenly felt empowered not only to learn, but to contribute to the learning process!"
- Nancy Young, Teacher, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
"At its essence, the program represents an effort to recreate and stimulate what the brain does when it reads. Thus, there is time allocated to every dimension of oral language as well as to perceptual recognition and conceptual processes. . . .The RAVE-O program has a strong emphasis on vocabulary and comprehension and…relies on quick, engaging game-like tasks to hold children’s attention while providing effective instruction. As children become more masterful readers, their engagement with the materials increases, and they are more likely to attend for longer periods of time."
- Katherine Donnelly Adams, The Tufts-Malden Summer Reading Program, March, 2008
Evidence "The P+RAVE-O* program demonstrated superior outcomes and greater linear growth on the ORQ at 70 hours; and a trend favoring P+RAVE-O was found on the Comprehension subscore at posttest. These findings demonstrate the efficacy of P+RAVE-O in facilitating fluent comprehension following only 70 hours of intervention."
- Robin D. Morris, et al, Journal of Learning Disabilities (Online), May, 2010 read the full review