What's Up With My Family?: Middle School Confidential, Book 3RRP - $17.95 Our Price - $12.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- What's Up With My Family?Insider information for tweens & teens on family matters, from sibling rivalry to divorce & other difficult transitions.
Age Range: 11 to 14
Level: Grade 6 & up
As Jen, Jack, Abby, Mateo, Michelle, and Chris realise, life in a family is not always perfect. Fortunately, What's Up with My Family? is here to help. Part graphic novel, part non-fiction advice, the third book in the Middle School Confidential series follows these six characters as they deal with tween and teen issues that can come up in any home.
This book features insider information on a wide range of family matters, from sibling rivalry to divorce and other difficult transitions. Readers will find tips for building trust with adults at home and making relationships stronger. There is also expert advice on common middle school issues: like dealing with strong moods and making good decisions in heated situations. Here is some of what you'll find inside:
- Advice for passing up on 'fuel-ish thinking' - runaway thoughts that can escalate bad feelings at home
- 6 tips for staying cool in hot-button situations
- Ideas for getting on the same page with parents, siblings, and others at home
- Advice for tough times: like divorce or the loss of a loved one
- Suggestions for being responsible and earning more independence
- And much more!
Filled with character narratives, quizzes, quotes from real kids, and resources, this is a family relationships book for every middle schooler who has asked; "What's up with my family?"