Treatment of Language Disorders in Children, 2ed$141.00, Softcover (inc DVD)
Add to cartQuestions?
Thoroughly updated to meet the needs of today's SLPs, the second edition of this classic textbook prepares current and future professionals to evaluate, compare, select, and apply effective interventions for language disorders in children. Using realistic case studies and many new video clips that show each strategy in action, the expert contributors introduce readers to 14 current, research-based intervention models and examine practical ways to apply them in the field.
This second edition covers interventions for both emerging communication and language and more advanced language and literacy, in a consistent chapter format that makes it easy for readers to compare treatment approaches. A text that SLPs will keep and reference often throughout their careers, this balanced, in-depth look at interventions will prepare professionals to choose and implement the best interventions for children with language disorders.
Readers will learn about:
- the theoretical and empirical basis of each intervention
- target populations for the intervention
- assessment and decision making
- practical requirements for implementation
- considerations for children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- future directions
A video clip to illustrate each intervention is provided on the included DVD (also available online). The book also includes case studies; learning activities that challenge students to apply their new knowledge.
This second edition features new chapters on:
- Print-Referencing Interventions
- Language Intervention for School-Age Bilingual Children
- Comprehensive Reading Intervention in Augmentative Communication
- Complex Sentence Intervention
- Narrative Language Intervention
- Social Communication Intervention for Children with Language Impairment
- Strathclyde Language Intervention Program (SLIP)