Treating Traumatic Stress in Children and Adolescents, 2ed: How to Foster Resilience through Attachment, Self-Regulation, and Competency$116.00 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Treating Traumatic Stress in Children and Adolescents, 2edA clinicians toolbox for the Attachment, Regulation, & Competency (ARC) framework
Tens of thousands of clinicians have used this book - now revised & expanded with 50% new material - to plan & organise effective interventions for children & adolescents who have experienced complex trauma, as well as their parents & other caregivers. The Attachment, Regulation, & Competency (ARC) framework can be used in a wide range of settings to strengthen child - caregiver relationships & support healthy development & positive functioning. Packed with case vignettes & user-friendly clinical tools, the volume identifies key treatment goals & provides flexible intervention strategies & skills. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding for easy photocopying, the book includes 79 reproducible handouts & forms. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download & print the reproducible materials.
New to This Edition:
- Reflects the ongoing development of ARC, including important refinements to foundational strategies & treatment targets.
- More than 30 additional handouts & worksheets; all reproducible tools are now downloadable.
- Greater attention to caregiver skill development throughout.
- Addresses ways ARC is being used in non-traditional settings (schools, day care, primary care practices) as well as diverse clinical contexts.
Table of Contents
- 1. The Developmental Impact of Trauma
- 2. Child Development, the Human Danger Response, and Adaptation: A Three-Part Model for Understanding Child Behaviors
- 3. The Attachment, Self-Regulation, and Competency Treatment Framework
- 4. Caregiver Management of Affect
- 5. Attunement
- 6. Consistent Caregiver Response
- 7. Building Routines and Rituals
- Beyond Attachment: The Role of the Caregiving System in Building and Supporting Regulation and Competency
- 8. Affect Identification
- 9. Modulation
- 10. Affect Expression
- 11. Strengthening Executive Functions
- 12. Self-Development and Identity
- 13. Trauma Experience Integration
- Appendix A. Provider Materials
- Appendix B. Caregiver Educational Materials and Worksheets
- Appendix C. Group Activities
- Appendix D. Youth Educational Handouts and Worksheets
- Appendix E. Milieu–Systems Materials