Therapeutic Treasure Box for Working with Children and Adolescents with Developmental Trauma: Creative Techniques and Activities$76.00 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Therapeutic Treasure Box for Working with Children and Adolescents with Developmental TraumaInformation, ideas and techniques to inspire and support those working with children who have experienced relational and developmental trauma.
Like a treasure chest, this resource overflows with valuable resources - information, ideas and techniques to inspire and support those working with children who have experienced relational and developmental trauma.
Drawing on a range of therapeutic models including systemic, psychodynamic, trauma, sensory, neurobiological, neurocognitive, attachment, cognitive behavioural, and creative ideas, Dr Karen Treisman explains how we understand trauma and its impact on children, teens and their families. She details how it can be seen in symptoms such as nightmares, sleeping difficulties, emotional dysregulation, rage, and outbursts.
Theory and strategies are accompanied by a treasure trove of practical, creative, and ready-to-use resources including over 100 illustrated worksheets and handouts, top tips, recommended sample questions, and photographed examples.
For Mental health professionals including counsellors, therapists, psychiatrists, nurses, and social workers who work with or are involved with adopted, or unaccompanied asylum-seeking children, and any other children in need.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Using the Book, Guiding Principles, and Underpinning Rationale.
- Tools for Supporting the Assessment, Engagement, and Building Rapport with Young People.
- Working Towards Establishing Multi-Levelled Safety (Inner Safety, Emotional Safety, Physical Safety, Felt Safety).
- Strategies for Supporting Children who have Experienced Relational and Developmental Trauma to Identify, Label, Express, and Regulate their Feelings.
- Strength, Resilience, and Hope-Based Practices: Finding Ways to Identify, Notice, Celebrate and Build on Children's Strengths, Skills, Resilience and Positive Qualities.
- Strengthening and Supporting "Parent-Child" Relationships, Relational Trust, and Interpersonal Connections.
- Team Around the Family- Caring for the Caring- Holding Carers in Safe Hands, Thinking Minds, and Regulating Bodies.
- Strategies for Understanding, Reducing and Managing Outbursts, Tantrums, Rage, and Expressions of Dysregulation.
- Supporting Children who are Experiencing Nightmares and Sleep Difficulties.
- Preparing, Planning, Reflecting on, and Expressing Endings, Changes, Goodbyes, and Transitions.