The Survival Guide for Gifted Kids: For Ages 10 & Under, 3edRRP - $25.95 Our Price - $24.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- The Survival Guide for Gifted KidsHelp gifted children in primary grades realise they’re not alone, they’re not weird & being smart is a bonus, not a burden
Age Range: 5 to 10
First published in 1984, this book has become the classic introduction to growing up gifted. This edition of the Survival Guide has been fully revised and updated for today's bright, creative, gifted children. Based on 1,000 surveys of gifted kids, it speaks directly to all gifted kids, in their language.
This survival guide includes:
- Tips on making friends and improving communication with teachers and family members
- Advice on issues such as bullying, perfectionism, depression, anxiety, and drug use
- Discussions of technology: blogs, social networks, instant messaging, video games, and podcasts
- Information related to current research on gifted programs, brain development, IQ, creativity, giftedness and gender, twice-exceptionality, gifted underachievers, and emotional intelligence
- More ways to boost brainpower in and out of school
- Anecdotes and quotes from experts and gifted celebrities
- Quizzes and full gifted kids survey
- Over 100 quotes from gifted kids on a variety of topics
- Resource lists of books, websites, video games, and competitions
- Gifted Childrens Bill of Rights from the National Association for Gifted Children
- Fresh and contemporary two-colour illustrations
Upbeat, informative, friendly, and compact, The Survival Guide for Gifted Kids: For Ages 10 & Under is a must for young gifted children. At a time when many school gifted programs are scaling back, its more important than ever for kids to have this essential survival guide to growing up gifted.