The School Leader's Guide to Restorative School Discipline$67.00 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
The School Leader's Guide to Restorative School Discipline provides a research-based and field-tested model for school discipline that supports and augments the principal’s primary duty: to support the education of all students, including those who exhibit behavioural challenges.
The authors introduce and explain the latest research on educative discipline, provide a comprehensive discipline plan for secondary schools, and outline how this plan should be supported and sustained through teacher support teams. Whether a principal is aiming to develop a school discipline plan from the ground up or augment their existing model, this book will help administrators develop a cohesive and effective discipline program that promotes and facilitates student learning.
Table of Contents
Introduction to the Guide
Section 1: Setting the Context
- Restorative School Discipline
- School-Wide Behaviour Expectations
Section 2: Putting the Model in Place
- Processes for Primary Prevention and Intervention
- A Framework for Child-Focused Interventions
- Decisions about How the School Responds to Behaviour
- Restorative Conferencing and In-School Suspension
Section 3: Evaluating Outcomes and Sustainability
- Evaluating Student Outcomes
- Professional Learning for Sustainability
"This is one of the most comprehensive and useful books on implementing a school-wide discipline program I have read. It shows how to prevent and respond to serious situations."
- Mary Reeve, Director, Special Education and Gifted Services, Gallup McKinley County Schools, NM