The Power of Self-Advocacy for Gifted Learners: Teaching the Four Essential Steps to SuccessRRP - $76.50 Our Price - $67.95 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- The Power of Self-Advocacy for Gifted LearnersResearch-based guide shows educators how to teach self-advocacy skills to gifted students in 4 essential steps.
Age Range: 10 to 18
Gifted learners are full of potential, but sometimes they’re also frustrated, bored, and even disruptive in class. Many bright students struggle because they have never been taught how to ask for what they really need to improve their school experience. This research-based guide shows educators how to teach self-advocacy skills to gifted students in four essential steps. Gifted students will:
- Understand their rights and responsibilities
- Develop their learner profiles
- Investigate available options and opportunities
- Connect with advocates
These simple yet comprehensive strategies are brought to life in triumphant true student stories. Also included are complete instructions for conducting a day-long self- advocacy workshop with gifted students.
Digital content includes:
- a workshop facilitator’s guide
- a PDF presentation for use in workshops
- pre- and post-workshop student surveys
- customisable forms.
Expert author Deb Douglas has developed this unique resource for teachers of gifted students in grades 5–12, counsellors, gifted program co-ordinators, administrators, parents and youth leaders.