The Pocket Guide to the DSM-5™ Diagnostic Exam$159.00 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- The Pocket Guide to the DSM-5™ Diagnostic ExamThis guide is written for all levels of experience, since every clinician needs to master both DSM-5™ criteria and how to conduct a fruitful diagnostic interview.
Designed for interviewers at all levels of experience, The Pocket Guide to the DSM-5™ Diagnostic Exam is the clinician’s companion for using DSM-5™ in diagnostic interviews. Both experienced clinicians and those still in training will benefit from the thoughtful, yet practical, fashion in which DSM-5™ revisions are reviewed and incorporated into the 30-minute diagnostic interview.
This guide is written for all levels of experience, since every clinician needs to master both DSM-5™ criteria and how to conduct a fruitful diagnostic interview. The book:
- Provides insight into the process of establishing a therapeutic alliance, which remains the goal of any psychiatric encounter, even one as brief as the diagnostic interview.
- Offers an extensive set of appendixes with resources to enhance understanding. These include a brief, easy-to-use summary of DSM-5™ disorders; a stepwise approach to differential diagnosis; the Mental Status Examination and a psychiatric glossary; the ABPN Clinical Skills Evaluation; DSM-5™-related diagnostic tools and scales; and coverage of alternative diagnostic systems and rating scales.
- Provides a sequential framework for generating a differential diagnosis, using a six-step approach, that will help clinicians develop their clinical decision-making skills and ensure that they take into account the many and interrelated causes of mental disorders.
Direct, practical, and informative, The Pocket Guide to the DSM-5™ Diagnostic Exam will enable readers to efficiently and effectively employ DSM-5™ as part of a comprehensive diagnostic interview.
Table of Contents
Introduction to the diagnostic interview.
Alliance building during a diagnostic interview.
The 30-minute diagnostic interview.
Adventures in dimensions.
Key changes in DSM-5.
The DSM-5 diagnostic interview.
- A brief version of DSM-5.
- A stepwise approach to differential diagnosis.
- The Mental Status Examination and a psychiatric glossary.
- The ABPN Clinical Skills Evaluation.
- DSM-5-related diagnostic tools and scales.
- Alternative diagnostic systems and rating scales.