The Grab and Go Circle Time Kit: for Teaching Restorative Behaviour$39.95 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- The Grab and Go Circle Time KitHarnesses circle time to create 13 wonderful sessions to actually teach junior primary kids how to think & behave restoratively.
Thinking and behaving restoratively doesn't come naturally to all kids. Restorative Practice is a way of thinking about people and events and it's a frame of reference that we can teach to young people. What's the result? Calmer, more peaceful and more productive classrooms and playgrounds. Evidence shows that schools that actively teach Restorative Thinking and Behaviour to students report less bullying behaviour, less anxious kids, less anxious parents and happier teachers.
The Grab and Go Circle Time Kit for Teaching Restorative Behaviour is unique. It harnesses the circle time pedagogy, (also known as circle solutions) to create thirteen wonderful sessions to actually teach junior primary students how to think and behave restoratively. Packed with wonderful illustrated stories and resources for use in the sessions, busy teachers can literally pick this manual up and run with it!
Table of Contents
- Session 1: Our Circle Time rules
- Session 2: Inside and outside hurts
- Session 3: Accidental and intentional hurts
- Session 4: Helping others when they are hurt
- Session 5: Dealing with arguments
- Session 6: What we need when we are hurt
- Session 7: What we need when we have hurt others
- Session 8: Being strong and truthful
- Session 9: Seeing things differently (perception)
- Session 10: Blaming and Fixing
- Session 11: Questions that help fix things
- Session 12: Fixing up and showing sorry
- Session 13: Forgiving others