The ASD Girl's Wellbeing Toolkit: An Evidence-Based Programme Promoting Mental. Physical & Emotional HealthRRP - $110.95 Our Price - $109.95 Softcover (inc CD)
Add to cartQuestions?
- The ASD Girl's Wellbeing Toolkit30 session program, aims to ensure girls with ASD develop good mental health including autonomy, emotional resilience & open communication.
There is a need for timely and appropriate diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in girls and young women. Without a diagnosis and relevant support systems being put into place, young women are at risk of developing mental health difficulties such as anxiety, depression, self-harm and eating disorders.
The ASD Girls' Wellbeing Toolkit is a 30-session programme is in three sections:
- Me & My Mental Health
- Relationships & Communication Skills
- My Toolkit for Wellbeing & Future Health
These sessions aim to to ensure that girls develop good mental health, including autonomy, emotional resilience and open communication.
All of the activities are ASD friendly, using explicit aims, reinforcement, clear language, concrete examples, role play, routine and a focus on self-awareness. Also included is a comprehensive PowerPoint Training Session for staff and carers.
The activities will:
- Promote personal and social skills development
- Encourage personal responsibility for keeping both mind and body safe and healthy
- Develop self-esteem and self-awareness
- Enable evaluation and access to sources of information, support and advice
- Empower the exploration of aspects of sexuality & healthy relationships
The sessions address relevant, contemporary issues:
- Consent, safety & the law in relationships
- Body image & obesity
- Self respect & aspiration
- Stress & anxiety
- Influence of the media
- Understanding & strengthening intergenerational relationships
- Using CBT & Mindfulness
- Sexual attitudes, relationships & behaviours
- Self-harming behaviours
- Use of psychoactive, performance & image enhancing substances