Teaching Gifted Kids In Today's Classroom, 4ed: Strategies and Techniques Every Teacher Can UseRRP - $94.95 Our Price - $89.95 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Teaching Gifted Kids In Today's Classroom, 4edThe definitive "orange bible" for meeting the learning needs of gifted students in the mixed-abilities classroom.
Age Range: 5 to 18
This fourth edition of the “orange bible” brings fresh updates to the definitive guide to meeting the learning needs of gifted students in the mixed abilities classroom—seamlessly and effectively with minimal preparation time. Included are practical, classroom-tested strategies and step-by-step instructions for how to use them. The book provides information on:
- Compacting and differentiating skill work and new content
- Extending reading and writing instruction
- Planning curriculum for all students at the same time
- Supporting self-directed independent study
- Supporting curriculum standards and increasing curriculum rigor
- Boosting critical and creative thinking skills
- Using assessments to help students demonstrate what they already know
- Using technology for accelerated learning and to benefit twice-exceptional (2e) students
- Serving gifted kids with special needs
- Managing cluster grouping
Digital Content: Includes a PDF presentation for professional development, 60 customizable printable forms, 22 additional extension menus for primary and upper grades, and a parent supplement.
"This book should be required reading for all teachers before they set foot in the classroom."
- The Gifted Education Association of Reading, Pennsylvania
"A comprehensive manual with excellent strategies and encouragement. Tell your child's teacher about this book."
- National Association for Gifted Children
"Almost from the day it was published, Susan Winebrenner's book has become a classic in the field. Moreover, it transcends the relatively small field of gifted child education and has become popular in professional teacher libraries everywhere."
- Gifted Education Communicator