Restorative Practices and Bullying: Rethinking Behaviour Management$33.00 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Restorative Practices and BullyingThis fresh approach to dealing with bullying in schools uses the principles of the restorative justice framework.
Age Range: 7 to 16
A fresh approach to dealing with bullying, based on restorative justice principles.
The authors' strategy for dealing with bullying in schools uses the principles of the restorative justice framework. This approach focuses on the needs of the community affected by bullying behaviour, rather than simply apportioning blame and deciding on punishment. This book is aimed directly at those who have to deal with bullying – in classrooms, corridors, playgrounds, and now on mobile phones and the internet. It provides responses that can bring about repair and healing and, in the long term, make school a safer place.
Topics covered include:
- Restorative justice and bullying
- Restorative responses to bullying incidents
- Managing reluctance to face up to bullying
- Preventing re-victimisation
- Reaching and monitoring agreements.
The book includes scripts for use in small and community case conferences, and a list of key questions to ask in interviews with victims and wrongdoers.