Real Kids, Real Stories, Real Change: Courageous Actions Around the WorldRRP - $21.95 Our Price - $19.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Real Kids, Real Stories, Real ChangeInspire kids and teens to personal, community, and social action with this book of thirty true stories of young people overcoming adversity to achieve great things and make a difference around the world.
Age Range: 9 to 13
Level: 5th Grade Readability
Inspire kids and teens to personal, community, and social action with this book of thirty true stories of young people overcoming adversity to achieve great things and make a difference around the world. Compelling, funny, inspiring, and poignant, the book features kids and teens who used their heads, their hearts, their character, their courage, and sometimes their stubbornness to help others and do amazing things. Inside you'll find examples of youth volunteering, kids making a difference, and young people initiating community and social action to change their world.
What makes these kids so special?
- Eleven-year-old Tilly saved the lives of 100 people in Thailand because she knew the warning signs of a tsunami.
- Ten-year-old Jean-Dominic won a battle against pesticides and the cancer they caused in his body.
- Fifteen-year-old Malika fought against segregation in her Alabama town.
- Six-year-old Ryan raised over one million dollars to drill water wells in Africa; and
- Thirteen-year-old Bethany, a competitive surfer, lost her left arm (and almost her life) to a shark, but got back on her surfboard.
In all, Real Kids, Real Stories, Real Change profiles 30 multicultural kid heroes in five areas:
- Kids Saving the Environment
- Kids Standing Up for Themselves
- Kids Helping Others
- Kids Overcoming Challenges
- Kids Using Talents and Creativity
As young readers meet these boys and girls from around the globe, they may wonder, 'What kind of hero lives inside of me?' Teachers, use this engaging resource for service learning, character education, and social studies.