Reading Intervention in the Primary Grades: A Common-Sense Guide to RTI$63.00 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Reading Intervention in the Primary GradesAccessible and teacher friendly, this book provides a blueprint for planning, delivering, and evaluating small-group interventions for struggling readers in PreK-2.
Age Range: 4 to 8
Accessible and teacher friendly, this book provides a blueprint for planning, delivering, and evaluating small-group interventions for struggling readers in PreK-2. It describes how to set up an efficient response-to-intervention (RTI) system that enhances any reading program already in place in a classroom, and that is fully compatible with the Common Core State Standards. Presented are dozens of easy-to-implement Tier 2 intervention activities in the areas of letter learning, decoding, and fluency, complete with reproducible goal-setting sheets and fidelity checklists.
- Packed with direct, realistic suggestions for implementing reading interventions in PreK–2.
- Includes sample lesson plans, case examples, and reproducible planning tools and fidelity checklists.
- Specific focus on early literacy skills: shows how RTI can support instruction in letter learning, decoding, and fluency.
Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials in a convenient 8½" x 11" size.
Table of Contents
- Response to Intervention: Basic Concepts and Definitions
- Putting the RTI Steps into Action
- The Primary Grades Intervention Lesson Plan
- Interventions for Letter Instruction
- Interventions for Decoding and Phonemic Segmentation
- Interventions for Fluency
- What to Do When Interventions Don't Work: Problem Solving
"An excellent resource for schools that are building a culture of RTI. Teachers, administrators, and school leaders will find many tools and insights, plus answers to questions they didn't know they had. The discussions of goal setting and intervention lesson planning are especially helpful. This book will greatly support my conversations with the schools I serve."
- Kristen Jones, MS, REACH Instructional Coach for Oklahoma
"This book is about developing for all students what the Common Core State Standards call the foundations of reading. It offers workable and effective approaches for helping primary grade learners master critical skills. The authors have certainly done their homework in translating theory and research into productive practice. Written in a readable, conversational style, the book enables practitioners to design instruction that is based on state-of-the-art knowledge and that will make a difference in students’ reading lives."
- Timothy Rasinski, PhD, Reading and Writing Center, Kent State University