Explicit Direct Instruction (EDI), 2nd Edition: The Power of the Well-Crafted, Well-Taught Lesson$69.00, Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
Explicit Direct Instruction (EDI), an approach based on the premise that all children can learn, helps teachers deliver well-designed, well-taught lessons that significantly improve achievement for all learners. Authors Hollingsworth and Ybarra have refined and extended their highly successful methods in this second edition of their bestselling book.
Written in an easy-to-read, entertaining style, this resource provides K-12 teachers with concrete strategies, detailed sample lessons, and scenarios that illustrate what EDI techniques look like in inclusive and diverse classrooms. With chapters covering the individual components of EDI, such as checking for understanding and activating prior knowledge, this updated edition refines the methods so that they are even more effective and easier to implement. Readers will find:
- Strategies for continuous, systematised student engagement
- Expanded corrective feedback strategies
- Clear alignment to the latest content standards
- A new, field-tested strategy for skill development and guided practice
- Expanded information about differentiation and scaffolding
Combining educational theory, brain research, and data analysis, this is a fine-tuned, step-by-step guide to a highly effective teaching method.