Positive Behaviour and Self Esteem in Secondary Schools$56.95 Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
- Positive Behaviour and Self Esteem in Secondary SchoolsLeading expert on Circle Time, Jenny Mosley, has thoroughly revised her classic book on how to promote positive behaviour and self-esteem in secondary schools through the use of Circle Time.
Age Range: 12 to 18
Leading expert on Circle Time, Jenny Mosley, has thoroughly revised her classic book on how to promote positive behaviour and self-esteem in secondary schools through the use of Circle Time. It not only provides an introduction to running Circle Time in secondary schools – it also links Circle Time to SEAL (Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning).
The implementation of Jenny’s ‘Whole School Quality Circle Time Model’ leads to:
- Positive relationships throughout school
- Personal, moral and social development in all students
- Sound self-esteem in all members of the school community
- Respectful and democratic school systems
- Reduction in bullying
- Positive behaviour management
- Democratic listening systems which develop a sense of citizenship.
The book includes suggestions for 20-minute circle time sessions linked to the SEAL themes: ideal for personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE) sessions but also for use during any subject lesson.
The teachers are not forgotten as Jenny has included a section on staff well-being and suggestions on how to raise energy levels, and how to keep their own sense of self-esteem buoyant.