Phone Coaching in Dialectical Behavior Therapy$58.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Phone Coaching in Dialectical Behavior TherapyThe first comprehensive guide to phone coaching in DBT - an integral part of treatment that many find challenging.
This is the first comprehensive guide to phone coaching in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) - an integral part of treatment that many clinicians find challenging.
- What are the principles and goals of phone coaching?
- What limits should be set?
- How can a therapist manage suicide risk during a brief call?
DBT expert Alexander Chapman addresses these and other critical practical questions in this accessible book. He provides guidelines for coaching core DBT distress tolerance and emotion regulation skills; coaching do's and don'ts, and tips for structuring each call's beginning, middle, and end. Featuring many concrete examples, strategies, and model dialogues, the book includes a key chapter on suicide crisis calls.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and Overview
- Setting the Stage for Effective Phone Coaching
- Orientation to Phone Coaching
- Navigating and Structuring Phone Coaching Calls
- Core DBT Skills Coaching Principles and Strategies
- Coaching in Emotion Regulation and Distress Tolerance
- Navigating Suicide Crisis Calls
- Principles and Strategies to Address Challenges and Observe Limits
- Skill Generalization and the Development of Self-Coaching Skills