Oxford Picture Dictionary (Monolingual English): Third Edition$49.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Oxford Picture Dictionary (Monolingual English)A comprehensive, flexible, and up-to-date vocabulary reference and teaching tool for English language learning.
The comprehensive, flexible, and up-to-date third edition of the best-selling Oxford Picture Dictionary provides unparalleled support for vocabulary teaching to meet the needs of today's English language learners:
- 4,000 English words and phrases with meaningful, real-life contexts presented within 12 thematic units, including Everyday Language, People, Housing, Food, and Recreation
- New and updated topics such as job search, career planning, and digital literacy equip students with the language they need for everyday success.
- Revised practice activities prepare students for work, academic study, and citizenship from the very beginning. -Pre-reading questions build students' previewing and predicting skills
- High-interest reading promote literacy skills -Post-reading questions support critical thinking and textual analysis.
- Optional workbooks at three levels provide multilevel classroom support.
- The dictionary provides 296 pages of dynamic, detailed colour scenes and individual illustrations clearly depicting over 3,700 words
- Twelve thematically-grouped units cover vocabulary which students can use at home, in the workplace, in the community and in their academic studies
- 140 key topics correspond to the curriculum of beginning and intermediate level coursework
- Exercises, related vocabulary and grammar points are all included on the page
- Numerous verbs and adjectives are presented in phrases which provide additional contexts for vocabulary and demonstrate realistic language
- There is a complete index with Pronunciation Guide, Geographical Index and Verb Guide
- A Teacher's Book contains teaching tips, lesson plans, and vocabulary practice activities.
- The accompanying Focused Listening Cassette provides hours of listening practice. It features clear pronunciation of all the vocabulary items in the dictionary in interesting and stimulating ways
- Thirteen bilingual editions are also available, with more planned for the future
- New Grammar Activity Book