Overcoming Anxiety in Children and Teens$28.60 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Overcoming Anxiety in Children and TeensOutlines both the science of anxiety therapy and the art of how to actually convince someone to face their fears.
The key to this book is that it outlines both the science and art of anxiety therapy.
The science of overcoming anxiety is using the well researched approach called gradual exposure therapy which involves helping individuals gradually face their fears.
The art of therapy is figuring out how to actually convince someone to face their fears. Jed describes motivational techniques, cognitive behavioural strategies, exercises, relaxation and mindfulness guides to lower anxiety to the point where individuals can begin to confront their fears.
The book covers:
- simple phobias
- social phobia
- selective mutism
- separation anxiety and school refusal
- panic disorder
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- somatic symptom disorder and/or illness anxiety disorder
- generalised anxiety disorder
- and other common fears.