Outsmarting Worry: An Older Kid's Guide to Managing Anxiety$23.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Outsmarting WorryTeaches 9-13 year olds & adults who care about them a specific set of skills that makes it easier to face & overcome worries and fears.
Age Range: 9 to 13
Worry has a way of growing, shifting from not-a-big-deal to a VERY BIG DEAL in the blink of an eye. This big-deal Worry is tricky, luring children into behaviours that keep the anxiety cycle going. Children often find it hard to fight back against Worry, but not anymore. Outsmarting Worry teaches 9-13 year olds and the adults who care about them a specific set of skills that makes it easier to face - and overcome - worries and fears. Smart, practical, proven techniques are presented in language immediately accessible to children with an emphasis on shifting from knowing to doing, from worried to happy and free.
For young people aged 9-13 years old with excessive levels of anxiety, their parents and the professionals who work with them.
Table of Contents
Intro to Parents and Caregivers;
- Getting Started
- Recognize Your Worries
- Brain and Body
- Question Your Worries
- Challenge Your Worries;
- Doing More of a Hard Thing
- Picking the Right Thing to Get Used to
- But I'm Still Scared!
- Brain Corrections
- Limit Your Worries
"When children worry, their attempts to feel safe and comfortable only make worry more powerful. Helping anxious children understand and embrace this concept is no small feat. Dawn Huebner's latest book gets the job done, unmasking worry and showing kids-with clarity and playful encouragement-how to put worry in its rightful place."
- Lynn Lyons, LICSW, coauthor of Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents and Playing with Anxiety: Casey’s Guide for Teens and Kids
"Outsmarting Worry is a playful and empowering approach to helping kids through their anxiety."
- Chris Willard, MD (author of Growing Up Mindful, and other books)