Mindful Learning: Reduce stress and improve brain performance for effective learning$29.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Mindful LearningShows educators and students alike how the practice of being in the moment can help us think more clearly and lead to better learning outcomes.
Mindfulness is increasingly being used in educational environments as a way to help students learn more effectively, develop personally, enhance their physical and emotional health, and deal with study and exam-related demands.
Written by two internationally recognised experts in mindfulness, Mindful Learning provides practical insights and exercises on how to apply mindfulness in the educational setting, resulting in a book that clearly sets out how we can manage stress, improve performance and create better communication and relationships.
Practical exercises and informed theory (this book is referenced with endnotes) clearly explain how mindfulness strategies can be applied in educational settings. As teachers, efforts as educators which include a mindful approach and mindfulness techniques will increase students ability to focus on what is really being taught.
Adopting tactics detailed in Mindful Learning will teach, encourage and enable students to:
- Access creativity
- Identify mindsets
- Increase mental flexibility
- Improve problem solving skills and
- Foster intuitive learning.
Use Mindful Learning techniques and exercises to focus on what you are learning, and make the most of the time and effort you invest in education.
Table of Contents
Introduction: What is education?
- What is mindfulness?
- The science of mindfulness
- Stress, focus and performance
- Why attention matters
- Applied mindfulness
- Sharpening the tool
- Learning, mental flexibility and problem solving
- Mindsets and learning
- Resilience and managing stress
- Emotional development
- Communication and relationships
- Enhancing creativity
- Movement and sport
- Teaching with attention
- Working with resistance
- Managing personal stress in the classroom
- Mindfulness beyond the classroom
- Organisational approaches to mindfulness
- The exercises
"The beauty of this book is that it applies the techniques of mindfulness to the practical skill of learning.. it is packed with useful information and has broad appeal. It is relevant to students and their parents , GP registrars, and more widely, anyone who is an ongoing learner. Highly recommended."
- Dr Boetto, reviewed in Australian Family Physician, August 2014 read the full review