Maths Learning Difficulties, Dyslexia and Dyscalculia$31.99 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Maths Learning Difficulties, Dyslexia and DyscalculiaWorld authority on maths difficulties, Steve Chinn provides tried & tested strategies & techniques
Written by a world authority on maths difficulties in children, this accessible guide provides tried and tested visual strategies and tailored techniques to help teachers and parents support children with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs) who need help with maths.
Drawing on the latest research, into areas such as cognition and meta-cognition, along with the authors' decades of teaching experience, the book offers insight into how maths learning difficulties, including dyslexia, dyscalculia and maths anxiety, make maths difficult. Each chapter looks at foundational areas of maths learning that children may struggle with, from early number experiences to basic addition and subtraction, times tables, measurement and more. Essential reading for any teacher, learning assistant or parent supporting children with maths.
Table of Contents
- Dyslexia, dyscalculia and maths learning difficulties;
- Why children may not learn maths;
- Maths Anxiety;
- Cognition and meta-cognition in maths;
- Key numbers;
- Early number experiences;
- Two digit numbers;
- Moving from 1 digit to 2 digit numbers, from 2 digit numbers to 3 digit number..and back;
- Basic facts for addition and subtraction;
- Addition and subtraction;
- Basic facts for multiplication and division;
- Mutliplying and dividing by 10, 100 and 1000 (part 1);
- Multiplication and division;
- The development of multiplication - the area model;
- Multiplying and dividing by 10, 100 and 1000 (part 2);
- Word problems;
- Estimation: An essential maths skill?