Leela and Ben MysteriesRRP - $57.95 Our Price - $49.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- Leela and Ben MysteriesStraightforward, simple stories + clue review at the end of each book help struggling readers solve the mysteries with Leela & Ben
Age Range: 8 to 12
Level: 1st Grade Readability
Leela and Ben are 12-year-old friends and detectives. If there’s a mystery to be solved, Leela and Ben—and Ben’s dog, Sir—are there! Follow this trio as they solve cases at Dino Land, Camp Get-Away, and all around town. There’s no danger and no edgy themes—just a lot of light-hearted fun. Straightforward, simple stories and a “clue review” at the end of each book help struggling readers solve the mysteries along with Leela and Ben.
- 95% of the words are from the 1,000 most commonly used words in the English language, with an emphasis on high-frequency, decodable words.
- 5% of the words are story specific and are defined in context and used multiple times
- Cohesive text promotes fluency and comprehension
The Case of the Barking Clocks
Someone is using barking clocks to rob stores. Who is it? And why does it smell like stinky cheese everywhere?
Mr. Click Is Missing
Mr. Click takes school pictures every year. One day he goes to lunch, and he doesn’t return. What happened to Mr. Click?
Mystery at Camp Get-Away
The sixth-grade kids are all having fun at camp. Then someone starts playing jokes on them—or are they jokes?
Mystery at Dino Land
Leela and Ben want to see the new dinosaur at Dino Land. Sir keeps finding bones there. Are they dinosaur bones?
The Soccer Field Mystery
There’s a new soccer field in town, but it keeps getting messed up. Who is doing it? Is it Sir?
"These books are SO funny!
I like Sir the dog because he finds clues.
These books are awesome and cool."
- Students at elementary school in Rohnert Park, CA
"We really enjoyed the Soccer Field Mystery and the Case of the Barking Clocks! What a great series for the students who need something extra engaging! The sentences are short, easy to comprehend, and the short chapters let children know they are making progress. This mystery helped my 3rd-grade boy think about clues, evaluate information, and make inferences based on the story - all great critical thinking skills! I'll be sure to recommend this series to my fellow teacher friends."
- Teacher Review
"I would buy this because my students love mysteries. Also, I feel they would be able to read these books to work on fluency."
- Licensed Dyslexia Therapist, Gilmer, TX
"Comic elements will engage students.
The kids seem typical and curious and current, they use technology.
I like the detail of the pictures.
The mystery books keep them hooked."
- Teacher Reviewers at International Dyslexia Association Conference