Just Write Sight Word Activities$59.95 Spiral Bound
Add to cartQuestions?
- Just Write Sight Word ActivitiesHelp students with language-based reading difficulties develop oral language, reading, and writing skills with the activities in this book.
Age Range: 8 to 17
Help students with language-based reading difficulties develop oral language, reading, and writing skills with the activities in this book. The activities are designed to strengthen students' awareness of the structure of language as they use basic sight words in a variety of ways. All activities include a writing component.
The activities are designed for students who have not mastered the high frequency sight words learned by most students in the primary elementary school grades.
- Matching Words with Pictures. Students are asked to match nouns and verbs with pictures.
- Find the Missing Word. Sentences are presented with sentences in which the final word is missing. Students complete each sentence using words from the list provided.
- Finish the Word. Sentences are presented in which the final word is incomplete. Students must use the context of the sentence and the first letter of the final word to determine what the word is.
- End the Sentence. Short phrases are presented. Students then turn the phrases into sentences by adding words.
- Rearrange the Words. Groups of words are presented in random order. Students then rearrange the words in each group to create sentences.
- Build a Sentence. Groups of words are presented that can be used to build sentences. Students must rearrange the words and add additional words to create grammatical sentences.
- Choose the Words. Words from a variety of grammatical categories are included on each worksheet. Students select words from those presented to create grammatically correct sentences.
- Describe the Picture. Each item includes a stimulus word and a picture. Students are asked to use each stimulus word in a sentence that describes the picture.
- Build a Story. Students are presented with sentences from a story that are missing words. Students write in words to complete a story that makes sense.
The activities in this book build writing skills and logical thinking skills that are critical for success in achieving academic standards within the classroom curriculum.