In the Middle: The Adolescent Brain, Behaviour And Learning$48.95 Paperback
Add to cartQuestions?
- In the MiddleJourneys into the developing brain and mind with a degree of clarity to be appreciated by educators, health professionals and parents alike.
Why on earth would you do that? For generations this question has been asked of adolescents by bewildered adults in the home and classroom.
In the Middle: The adolescent brain, behaviour and learning seeks to answer this question by looking at the latest empirical evidence related to the maturing adolescent brain. Over the last couple of decades neuroscience has provided us with exciting insights into how the brain develops and matures. Significantly, some of the latest research suggests that adolescent behaviour is not just about hormones or nurturing, but is also influenced by changes in the brain as it matures and restructures itself.
Following on from his work looking at early brain development, Dr Nagel provides a continuing journey into the developing brain and mind with a degree of clarity to be appreciated by educators, health professionals and parents alike.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Neuroscience and education: Myths and realities
- Chapter 2 Understanding the developing brain
- Chapter 3 Adolescence and the developing brain
- Chapter 4 Why on earth would they do that? Adolescence and the prefrontal cortex
- Chapter 5 Emotions and the adolescent brain Part 1: Born to survive and thrive
- Chapter 6 Emotions and the adolescent brain Part 2: Risky business
- Chapter 7 Social aspects of the adolescent brain
- Chapter 8 The adolescent brain at school
- Chapter 9 The adolescent brain outside of school
- Chapter 10 Failure to connect: When things go wrong in the brain
- Epilogue Educating and guiding the adolescent mind