Direct Instruction Spoken English (DISE), Level 1 Classroom SetRRP - $1416.00 Our Price - $1295.00 Set
Add to cartQuestions?
Age Range: 9 to 18
Build a functional mastery of the English language in one year or less!
Direct Instruction Spoken English (DISE) is a successful new program that teaches spoken English to non-English-speaking students. Developed by Siegfried (Zig) Engelmann, one of the key founders of the direct instruction model, DISE addresses the structure of the English language directly and never confuses students with random or inert words and phrases.
The program has two levels:
- Level 1 consists of 100 90-minute lessons. Students who have no knowledge of the English language will need between 140 and 170 days to complete the 100 lessons in Level 1 of the program.
- Level 2 is a continuation of Level I and consists of 80 lessons. Students will need 100-120 school days to complete all 80 lessons. Lessons in Level 2 require 50 minutes versus the 90 minutes required per lesson in Level 1.
Each of the 100 lessons in Level 1 is taught to mastery through 90 minutes of oral delivery each day to the whole class. Lessons are carefully planned with clearly defined tasks and designed around offering learning in smaller increments. Every presentation manual includes a CD-ROM containing PowerPoint® slides for display during class time.
DISE provides an explicit, systematic instructional model that supports ELLs in acquiring a functional mastery of spoken English. From instruction to content, DISE moves students to oral language proficiency.
DISE ensures optimum learning opportunities for English learners. Direct Instruction Spoken English:
- Builds a functional mastery of English in one year or less
- Accelerates English language development
- Prepares English learners (ELs) to thrive in content-area classes
- Takes advantage of students’ native-language literacy skills
- Teaches academic and social vocabulary
- Engages students with fast-paced, multisensory activities
- Is designed for students from any language background
DISE focuses on speaking and listening: the critical first steps in learning English.
Classroom Set includes four Lesson Books, four CD-ROMs containing teaching displays, and a Teacher's Edition.
|Direct Instruction Spoken English (DISE), Level 1 Class||Set||$1,295.00||Cart+|
|Direct Instruction Spoken English (DISE), Level 2 Class||Set||$1,035.00||Cart+|