Developing Memory Skills in the Primary Classroom: A Complete Programme$58.99 Softcover
Add to cartQuestions?
- Developing Memory Skills in the Primary ClassroomA highly practical book with all the guidance & resources a school needs to boost pupils' working memory.
Age Range: 4 to 12
How can we help children to develop their working memory?
The memory demands in the classroom for children are high; they are constantly bombarded by new knowledge in multiple topic areas, given series of instructions to complete and expected to both learn and demonstrate their mastery of knowledge and skills on a daily basis. Developing Memory Skills in the Primary Classroom is a highly practical book that contains all the guidance and resources a school needs to boost their pupils’ working memory. Proven to have a positive impact on pupils, this tried and tested complete programme combines teaching pupils memory strategies with opportunities to practice those strategies within a small group, the classroom and at home. The resources provided by this book include:
- a variety of photocopiable games and activities
- extensive teaching notes
- a range of sample letters to parents/carers
- essential information sheets
- bespoke baseline assessment tools
- a detailed programme that can be run by a teaching assistant under the guidance of the SENCo.
This text provides a clear link between working in the classroom and with parents in the home, making it a one-stop resource for any teacher, SENCo, teaching assistant or parent wanting to help children develop their working memory.
Table of Contents
- Working memory
- Classroom strategies to support working memory
- The Importance of measuring impact
- The Memory Programme
- Memory strategies